Okotberfest is coming, Oktoberfest is coming!
…and it is coming up fast! and while many breweries already have or are planning their very special Oktoberfest releases, there are also many
parties to be had…and who does not like an Oktoberfest party or two to liven the mood and prepare you for the dark and cold days of winter to come :-). This is my favorite time of year, because my favorite styles of
craft beer come out in force, and there are never too many choices for the growlers, the beer fridge or the ManCan (reviewed earlier here). So, as my head started spinning with all of the updates from all of the local Loudoun County breweries, I thought to myself…self – we need a guide to
keep all this madness together and to ensure the beer drinking people of the county can find and enjoy these very special events during this special time of the year. So cheers…cheers…and more cheers! Get out and enjoy some great craft beers!
So here it is, the first, very first, Annual….(drum roll please…)
Oktoberfest Guide for 2017!
We ill be adding events to this list as they become available. email us or post to facebook if you have one to share
in order of date
Old Ox Brewery- September 9th
- Event – The best thing about the end of summer may be …. Oxtober Bier! In the tasting room starting September 9th! Our Oxtober Bier is brewed in the German tradition (why would you mess with what has been working for a couple of centuries?). Bavarians brewed Marzenbier or Oktoberfest beers in March, stored the casks in caves over the summer and served it up in the fall to celebrate the harvest. Primarily Vienna malts, the Old Ox version includes Hallertau and Mittlefruh hops. This bronze beauty took its time fermenting (six weeks in the tank) at a cool 50 degrees … and so worth the wait!
Available on Draft + CansWe will also have a stein release package, more information to come!
Lost Rhino – September 16th @ 12:00pm-6:00pm
- Event – Join us for our RhinO’fest 2017 beer festival from 12-6 pm hosted by Lost Rhino Brewing Co. and Lost Rhino Retreat in Brambleton Town Center! We’ll be tapping our Gold Medal winning RhinO’fest Märzen Lager for the season as well as featuring various tents with unique beers from our Genius Loci sour beer series and beers that we have brewed in house at Lost Rhino Retreat!
- Live music by Most Savage Gentlemen and Big Al’s Truck
- Local food vendors and authentic German style fare including Lothar’s Butchery & Gourmet Sausages
- New Orleans style Sno-balls and seasonal treats by Runaway Refreshments
Free admission! Food and drink tickets available for purchase on site!
Old 690 – September 22, 2017 @ 5:00 pm – September 24, 2017 6:00 pm
- We are thrilled to bring you our first Oktoberfest! This Märzen will be released at Old 690 AND at Oktoberfest in Lovettsville, VA on Friday, September 22!
Blackhoof Brewing – September 23rd @ 1:00 pm – 24th @ 9:00PM
Ocelot Brewing Company – September 27th @1:00 pm
- Event – Release Witching Hour, a Märzen style lager and tribute to Oktoberfest!
- Very limited amount of litre steins available for purchase with a fill. Previously purchased Ocelot Steins are welcome to be filled too
- ScnitzengrubenGuy will be here too serving traditional German style sausage, potato salad and sauerkraut!
- At 7pm will show Beerfest on the big screen to complete the Festivus!